Monday, March 16, 2009

Hoax Verse of the Quran

Probably, this email I received would have spread to a zillion mailboxes by now. I am very much disappointed that I had received this email regarding 'the number 11' only now. I wonder how many people in this world had been conned into believing this email? It really sounds convincing... The structure of the email is well planned... Even I, almost, believed the email. Until I figured out that something was not right.

There was this thing about a verse in the holy quran. Stating that;

'For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace.' (Claimed to be from 9:11 - At-taubah)


First thing that popped up into my mind was, why have I not come across with this ayat in the tafsir? Maybe there was this ayat but I forgot or did not take any notice of it, but it could not be. Second thing was that, yes, the ninth surah in the Al-Quran is At-Taubah. What relation does this verse have to the surah? It sounds violent...

Anyway, its wrong. The verse about the eagle and what not is a hoax. Pretty angry with the guy who changed the verse to impose a bad image on Islam and VERY sad that it was my uncle who sent it to me! A muslim, sending another muslim this kind of email... Subconsciously weakening the Iman of muslims who are not 'well-informed'... It is a very sad situation, and all of these only reminds us of one thing.

The end is near.

By the way, the actual quote is :
'But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity,- they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.' - 9:11

No comments: