Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy 17th, Nina!

I would like to 'preach' this to you, but I'd spare you from the 'lecture-like' speech or wish. Well, its a wish but its also something that I would like to write down into the birthday card but I'm afraid, I would need a big birthday card... So, we shall just pen it down into a blog post now, shan't we. ;)

Basically, now that you are 17, I would like to share some things with you. When I was seventeen, a lot of things happened. Since I was a December baby, I would be in Temasek Poly, a freshman indeed. I got my 'o' level results, I felt success, got into the course of my choice... (First one, indeed!) Seventeen... I can say, I was a little bit playful still... Had a lot of guy friends who liked me... Well maybe it was only 3? But still. A lot of things... This is the time when we think, we know what we are doing. But, my dear, it is not. We are still naive. This is the time, that we think we can live life independently. Still, my dear, we have a long way to go.

This life we share, in this family, is a unique one. We are like kites. Kites with long strings. Which I hope, would not snap. And Ibu and Ayah would be the ones pulling us when they think we are going to the wrong direction... And one thing about kites; as the kiteflyers pull them, they would soar even higher. Good kiteflyers would take huge risks to let their kites soar higher. But good kiteflyers are so good, their kites would not snap. Because these kites are attached tightly onto strong strings - in our case, our foundation. Alhamdulillah, our parents may not be good kiteflyers... but they sure are responsible and the best. :)

In my life of 18 years (gonna be 19), there are a lot of things that I've seen, I've learnt... And I've noticed. I am quite a forgetful person, as you may have already know, so when I see things happening before me, be it good or bad, I would summarise them into 'lessons learnt'.

I'll share with you three things that you might wanna know, or take notice of in the mere future...

Firstly, the richest man is always the man who is thankful. Do not regret, for everything happens for a reason. Do not sigh, for each sigh is an opportunity for failure and weakness. Always smile, even if you had the worst day of your life.

Secondly, respect. Respect yourself and people would respect you. Never give in to guys at this age. Never let people bully you. Never let your friends pressure you. Do what you feel is right.

Lastly, Dreams are not meant to be games in your sleep or in your free time (daydream). Chase after your dreams. Do not let anything stop you. Not even love. Family yes. Love as in guys... no. The one true love, is only love for Allah s.w.t. And then love for Rasulullah s.a.w. And then Ibu, Ibu, Ibu. And then Ayah. Remember that!

I wish, I could share with you more. But this post is getting too long already! haha.
On a last note, Happy 17th Birthday, adikku sayang.

No comments: