Wednesday, June 13, 2007

When you visit other blogs, people will visit yours...

Amirah: Ibu(mother), why do you have to go to these wedding invitations? Isn't it
troublesome? You have to wear all these traditional clothes which are so
uncomfortable and you go there just to eat?! This is so... It a waste of time!
Ibu: Well, Nenek(Grandmother) used to tell me that if I do not go to other people's
invitations, be it wedding or birthday or their son's circumcisions, then
nobody will respond to my invitations. So if we don't go, nobody will attend
your wedding reception.

I thought this is an illogical superstition since my grandmother said this. (You know, grandmothers....)But whatever the case, I still followed my mother to the invitations. (Telling myself: "There will be lots of cute guys there!" or "I would meet my long lost aunt" or something like that, to drive the thoughts of the heat, uncomfortable experience, the long journey and all.) But now, even before I hold my own event where I have to invite loads of people, I'm already experiencing a terrible situation whereby people do not visit me. I mean my blog. Maybe one factor is that, I have stopped looking and visiting other blogs. Maybe. I have yet to prove this superstition or 'theory' of my grandmother's. *Tells self* "I must look at other blogs! Be it a glance or a few minutes. Just increase their view stats so that mine would increase!"

No comments: