Monday, December 22, 2008

To be better

When a man says he wants to be a better man,
I wonder how better, specifically.

They say... Clarity is power. So? Define a better man, please.

So. Resolution for 18 years of living this temporary life?
To be better.

How better?
I don't know.

I just don't want to hurt as much as I hurt this year.
I want to work harder than I've worked this year.
I want to cherish as much as I have cherished this year.
I want to believe as much as I had believed this year.

I want to use my ears to listen. Listen to advices.
I want to use my eyes to see. See whats happening and hope I could make things better.
I want to use my mouth to share. Not gossips but knowledge.
I want to feel life like it is now... And I shan't regret later.
So that when its time, I shall leave contented.
Self-love, Self-peace, Self-respect.
I know I dream. Sometimes I do believe but its rarely I achieve.
I will always believe that things happen for a reason.
And I'll always take things a step at a time.

In the name of Allah, the most gracious and merciful.
God, may You protect me from disaster, sins and sufferings. May you protect my family and empathize my parents like how they had empathized me when I was young. May You make my prayers permanent, and may You put me along the believers. Repay and bless those who had done good to me and my family and I always hope for Your guidance. Give me strength to face all Your challenges. And I am thankful for everything that You had presented me with. God, I am thankful for the family You presented me with and my companions. I am thankful for having the chance to be able to see Your creation and Your greatness. May You protect us in this world and the hereafter... Amin amin takkabal ya kariim...

Seal my eyes, seal my ears, seal my mouth.

I may be legal in exactly 11 hours time. But will I be ready to go?

No comments: